Friday, August 24, 2007

The Great Admission

From an article about Adrian Peterson on Yahoo! Sports:

"That's just herd behavior. It's going to make us all look stupid. Or rather, it would make us look stupid if our jobs involved any performance measurements or accountability. We're really all just parroting the same concerns..."

-Andy Behrens


Andy, let me start by saying, thank you. Thank you for justifying the existence of this website. Thank you for reminding me why I decided to do this in the first place. Thank you for having the balls to admit that you're nothing more than an average Joe with a journalism degree. Something that, last time I checked, does nothing to enhance your credibility when it comes to football. Thank you for recognizing in a public forum that all you supposed "fantasy experts" simply imitate each other, regurgitating the same dribble over and over again. One single brain, though I'm not sure who's in possession of it, controlling a mass of vegged out drones. It's like something from the pages of a sci-fi novel.

Like a spoiled rich starletard, you've been babied and coddled without a hint of engagement or, as you so precisely put it, accountability. But - and it does not pain me in the least to say this - you're time in the sun is over my friend. We're coming for you Andy and you're little dog, too.


Sidenote: I'm not intentionally picking on Andy here, though I may later. And his article is good and worth the read. At least he understands the geography of the fantasy sports world and isn't afraid to point it out. I can't say I fully agree that Adrian Peterson is going to be a beast this year based solely on a single preseason game performance, but he does have a shot and if Andy wants tread bravely out on that limb, so be it. We'll see if it pans out for him.

No comments: