Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Subjugating Subjectivity

Apparently, I've tasked myself with a mission impossible, or impossible mission. Either way. Finding a unifying formula to quantify, analyze and puke up answers about the performance of all the fantasy gurus regardless of their chosen format has proved to be too much for my feeble little mind. If I was John Nash I might have a shot. Unfortunately, especially since I'd be banging out Jennifer Connelly, that's not the case.

Instead, I've been relegated to a more primitive and wholly subject method of rating these football geniuses. The plan is to give each a grade comprised of how accurately they predicted the previous week, giving bonus points for the exceptionally accurate or out there calls and subtracting points for completely fucking me and the entire fantasy football playing populous over. In honor of another season of school starting up, for those who are lucky enough to not consider themselves among the masses of working stiffs, I'll be using an A through F grading system. An "A" equaling a 4.0 and and "F" a whopping 0. Pluses and minuses may have to be used, situation depending. I'll post a couple graphs each week so we can see how these assholes are fairing over the course of the season.

In a perfect world, I would have liked to find a formula, thus justifying the thousands of dollars my parents poured into my college education, but I kept getting a head ache. Hopefully, this concession will be satisfactory and we'll get to do some fun statistical analysis later on.

No comments: