Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Billick Bites the Heads Off Babies

I did the grading for week 8 (hold the applause) today and I'll have the review up tomorrow. I'll hopefully also get a chance to do week 9's grading and publish said review later this week.

The good news is I should have more time now, as I've put the kibosh to the whole Nanowrimo deal. Instead I decided that I'd like to have some semblance of a life - something if haven't gotten to experience much in the past few months because of the marathon training. And speaking of which, if I'm going sub-3 on the next one (Fredrick, the first week of May in case you were wondering) I've got to train longer and harder. So, after a week of sitting on my ass, eating everything in sight and drinking an uncouth amount of beer, I'm back to running, if only to maintain my current level for a couple of months. It'll basically be 25-30 miles a week till the actual training regiment kicks in after New Years, meaning I should have plenty of time for the site.

Also, because individual reviews are probably just as boring to read as they are to write, I'm going to continue to group my three guys into one review from now on. I know I said I wasn't going to do that, but it's really hard to make that shit interesting when it's just one guy. I seriously doubt anyone will be complaining and it will leave me more time to put up opinion pieces, after which you can metaphorically rip me limb from limb with a verbal stomp-fest. Jeremy has been doing one review a week the entire time and look how happy and well adjusted he is. I only hope for a tenth of the man chowder he's got.

In news actually somewhat related to football, I'd like to express publicly for the first time that I am ashamed to be a Ravens fan. There were times in the past when I thought I was about to go over the precipice but ended up being pulled back, mostly thanks to our defense. This time, however, there's nothing keeping me from hitting rock bottom.

My mangled and mutilated hopes and dreams don't feel much like sugar-coating, so I'll just come out and stay it: I fucking HATE Billick! I was thinking of starting a firebillick.com like website in the same vane as www.firecoachnicksaban.com. Anyone out there agree? Think it would be a good idea? Let me know because I'm all about it.

No comments: