Thursday, November 1, 2007

Review: The Whole Bunch - Week 7 - Slacker City

I'm really trying not to make this a common occurrence, though my actions over the last two weeks would beg to differ. My time lately has been taken up by marathon recovery - a condition that makes finding the energy to breathe difficult, much less anything else. And now, starting today, I'm heading into a month long writing "competition" - Nanowrimo. I know what you're thinking, Ray, you suck at writing. To which I would answer: I know, but the competition has nothing to do with quality, so I might be OK. Somehow, I've been cursed with the need to constantly be involved in something. Unfortunately, I lack the focus, dedication, whatever to master anything. I'm the most mediocre jack-of-all-trades ever.

I promise I'll still make time for you - the three people who come to this site, Jeremy excluded - but my reviews might be less than stellar for a while. Or you could argue they've always been less than stellar and now they're turning into complete crap. Anything's possible, I suppose.

A Quick Overview:

Out of no where, Jamey Eisenberg's posted back to back 3+ weeks. The only explanation is the switch of his CBS Sportline picture from a candid shot to the new glamor shot he's got up. Oo-la-la. Either that, or maybe he's just rounding into form. The old Gypsy woman with all the cats told me that would never happen, so I'm discounting the latter.

Ron Anish, Mr. Average-and-Steady, continues to be both average and steady. He's holding the highest per week average - tied with Jamey at 2.3 - but hasn't been out of the low to mid 2's since the beginning of the season. He's picking at a rate of slightly better than 60%, taken on a good call/bad call system, which makes him just a little better at this shit than your average guy. So far, you've got about as good a chance picking which ones Ron is going to get right and wrong as you do starting the right guys on your team. I wish he'd either really excel one week or fall flat on his face, just so I'd know what to do with him.

Brad Evans, on the other hand, continues his see-saw ride to mediocrity, posting a 1.9 this week after three straight weeks of 2+ performance. If the current trend continues, he should be in the shit for another week, then start bouncing back. I hope no one used him as a guide in week 8. It's midseason and really these inconsistencies should have worked themselves out by now. Going to Brad for advice is like playing Russian roulette. Good luck and I hope you don't have a weak stomach.

Brad Evans

Overall Grade: C- (1.9)
Good Calls: 5
Bad Calls: 6

Jamey Eisenberg

Overall Grade: B (3.1)
Start 'em Picks:

Start of the Week - B+
QBs - A
Running Backs -B+
Wide Receivers - B+
Tight Ends - A+

Sit 'em Picks:
Sit of the Week - C
QBs - B-
Running Backs - A
Wide Receivers - F
Tight Ends - A

Ron Anish

Overall Grade: C+ (2.2)
Quarterbacks: D+ (1.3)
Running Backs: B- (2.8)
Wide Recievers: C- (1.8)
Tight Ends: B- (2.9)

Week 8 review hopefully coming tomorrow if I can find a second at work.

No comments: