Monday, December 10, 2007

B.O. Line

Prompted by a comment from azhokie -thanks for the comment by way - I got to thinking about offensive lines around the league and their relation to the fantasy football world.

I think most would agree that a good O-line will do nothing but help your favorite fantasy players succeed. I know, personally, I rank every team's offensive line, as part of my cheat sheet predraft preparation. So, I thought it might be embarrassing fun to compare how I ranked the lines preseason to how they've actually performed thus far. Unfortunately, I couldn't find my spreadsheet due to an incident in which I procured a new computer here at work. But fear not because I'm pretty sure I emailed it back and forth to myself a couple of times during it's generation. I'll look into that when I get home.

Therefore, instead of tripping down memory lane, I figured the best and most logical course of action is to take a peek into the future with my official o-line rankings for next year. Don't ask how I decided the rankings. I don't feel like going into a long explanation of how I wrote each team's name on a piece of paper, put all the pieces of paper in a hat and drew them out at random. I also don't want to admit that, although it's wasn't a competition, I somehow lost. Go figure.

Here's the list:

1. New England
2. Dallas
3. Indianapolis
4. Pittsburgh
5. Green Bay
6. New Orleans
7. Tampa Bay
8. Cincinnati
9. Denver
10. Jacksonville
11. San Diego
12. Tennessee
13. Washington
14. Houston
15. Cleveland
16. Minnesota
17. Buffalo
18. New York (Giants)
19. Arizona
20. Baltimore
21. Seattle
22. Oakland
23. Carolina
24. Philadelphia
25. Miami
26. Atlanta
27. New York (Jets)
28. Detroit
29. St. Louis
30. Kansas City
31. Chicago
32. San Fransisco

Obviously, this projection is nothing more than a guess, based on line play from this year in conjunction with a little thought as to how they will do in the future. Future trades, free-agent acquisitions, injuries, ect. have been excluded because, though it pains me to say this, I cannot see the future nor did I feel like investing the time and effort it would require to research each players contract situation. I'll leave that shit up to the professionals. They're getting paid for it.

And, just so you know, I didn't randomly pull names out of my ass. If you want to see how the teams rank, in the categories I chose to grade on, you can check out my fancy spreadsheet here.

I'll try to post my preseason offensive line ranking if I can find them later.

No comments: