Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Eagle Has Landed, A Little Short

Final thought for today, cause I know everyone's getting tired of me. Anyone out there get screwed by Westbrook's flop on the one yard line?

In my playoff matchup, my opponent had Brian and although I had the match easily in hand by that point, I can't image what I, much less the guy I was playing, would have done if it was closer when that happened. All I know is someone would have been doing a lot of subsequent drywall work or at least hiring the crazy, homeless guy who hangs out in front of the supermarket all the time to do it.

I've got to give it to him, it was a smart play. Basically ending the game like that was something I'm not sure I could have done. The game would have been over either way, how do you not take the points? I guess Brian's decision was the only sure fire way, but good God man!

Even the wife understood the significants of that play. We're sitting on the couch, her folding laundry like a good lass and me riveted to TV and laptop, when, just after the play, she turns and says,

"Isn't that going to piss off fantasy owners?"

To which I replied,

"Yes, baby. Yes it will."

Such a good girl. Such a pretty girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A) Way to go Brandi
B) Did Jeremy retire from this blog, or is/was he on strike with the rest of the writers?

Anonymous said...

P.S. anonymous = Lisa