Friday, October 5, 2007

Review: Brad Evans - Week 4 - Rule of Wheee!

Finally, someone other than Ron goes over .500 on his picks for a week. Now I know what Tuesday's fireworks were for, Brad had a good week. And it couldn't have come at a better time. With his performance slipping weekly (or weakly?), it looked like he was surely headed to the gutter. I was close to recommending you don't look at his picks until further notice. But it seems he may be of use to us yet. Don't get too excited, I'm going to need some consistency first, before I blow this load.

Either way, I'm giving Brad back the nickname Yahoo! never took from him, Mr. Exclusive. And now, an exclusive look into Mr. Exclusive's week that was.

Overall Grade: C+ (2.4)

He's on Fire

Brad went 7 and 4 over the weekend, much better than any previous week. He's still hovering just below 50% on the year but another couple of weeks like this one and he'll get to greener pastures.

In fact, I'm extremely impressed with his flames for the week. He didn't puss out, take the easy path and choose the monsters of fantasy. He traveled the road less taken, walked the line and held up his part of the deal. Thank God someone did. I can feel my faith being restored as I write this. Although, looking at next weeks picks, I think I'll be back to singing REM's Losing My Religion. But I digress.

Chad Pennington, Shaun McDonald, Greg Jennings, Brian Greise, Brian Leonard and Ron Dayne made up his flaming fantasy force. Both wide receivers and quarterbacks performed like good little soldiers, provided their fantasy generals with usable amounts of ammo. The running backs, not so much. But to win a war you've got to lose a few good men right?

Sticking with the military theme (thanks Kellen Winslow), I don't know if Brad has any sniper training but I'm starting to think he might. Calling for a sit of Marvin "The Man" Harrison in any format is a bold play indeed. It makes me think he may have had something to do with Marvin's injury. Was Brad possibly the shooter on the grassy knoll? Could Marvin's knee problems have been cause by a bullet? We may need to get the FBI involved or at least Mystery Inc.

The Definition of Lame

I'm hesitant to say anything disparaging about Brad because I'm worried he might dome pop me from 300 yards as I walk across the office parking lot to my car. It would be a cool way to go, so I'll take my chances.

Brad, how in the hell could you suggest using Brian "I'm Worthless" Leonard last week. Good God man, get some sense. If Steve Jackson can't run behind that line, it's amazing Brian didn't die 2 minutes in. There's no way the Rams, as team, do anything this year, fantasy or real. Just please don't suggest we use Gus this coming weekend. I don't think I could take that.

Some of the greatest men in history have rose to prominence by fighting the social normal to enact real change for the betterment of everyone. George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Ron Howard. So I can't fault you for going against the norm on this one. Oh wait, yes I can. Picking Matt Hasselbeck to flop last week was ludicrous and I'm not talking about rap even white people can enjoy. Everyone, and I mean everyone, else predicted Matt to have a good week against San Fran, and guess what, they were right. It's called majority rules and I'm glad I went with the majority and not with you in leagues that I have Hasselbeck. By the way, Hasselbeck is one of the most consistent QB's in fantasy so I would suggest never putting him in the lame category again. Even against a tough Pittsburgh defense. He's simply too good not to play.

The Breakdown

Good Calls: 7
Bad Calls: 4

And just in case you missed it, here's what Brad's most supportive fan has to say:

Are you really that dumb? I mean, you're not smart, you act like a five-year old, and your predictions aren't anything special. They are closer to special-ed. The only sports you ever probably played are golf and pocket pool. Every week I end up watching the pre-game fantasy thing on Yahoo! and I don't go by anything you say and that's why I win. I have friends just like you and I beat them every year in everything. Tell your boss that if he wants someone who actually knows sports and can predict better than you to e-mail me. Do me a favor and I will do you one by not busting on you anymore. That is all.

Jim, Lansford, PA

If you were Brad, why would you possibly post this? Let me know in the comments or try to top this guy. Whatever you want.

No comments: