Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Turns out I do ...

So playing off yesterday's post. I have a guy in my main $$ league who agreed to trade Laurence Maroney and Maurice Jones-Drew (his #1 and #2 draft picks) for Julius Jones and Randy McMichael. Now I think it's a horrendous trade, but that's not the point of this entry.

What's the Commissioner Veto (or league vote-agaisnt) there for? Is it to prevent collusion, or to prevent stupidity? The thought that these two teams were trying to stack one team never crossed my mind, until one of the managers swore twice that they weren't doing that (though never accused of it). But the guy giving up Maroney and MJD is in last place, and I guess got desperate to make a move.

I haven't voted against the trade yet. Eric Karabell said in a chat today that stupid trades happen in the NFL and MLB, so why not in fantasy? What do you think?

1 comment:

Calitri said...

Since I'm in the league with our favorite one armed bandit, I'll post what I wrote on the league's message board:

Honestly, I can't see voting against this. Maroney and Jones are basically a wash. If Brian wants to switch them out, who's to stop him. They both get there goal line situations hawked.

The McMichael for Drew thing is a bit perplexing considering Drew's upside but they've both performed equally like shit (9 points). If Brian doesn't think Drew has much upside, which at this point is purely speculation by anyone, then I say let him get rid of Drew.

With the way things are going so far, I wouldn't have been surprised if Brian simply up and dropped Drew.


Obviously, Mr. Absolut "gimp" Hokie and I have differing opinions. But like Mike and Mike in the morning, what makes us different makes us great. That, and he has no idea what he's talking about. Ha!

Hi Jeremy!

P.S. Steve said he wants to take you to his special place.