Tuesday, September 18, 2007

DK's Question of the Week


Questions for the week

Part 1 - Should I drop D.J. Hackett?
Part 2 - and pick up one of the following WR? or just leave the stop open for bye week pickups?

Shaun McDonald
Joe Jurevicius
Jason Avant
Roydell Williams
Bobby Engram
Dennis Northcutt
Mike Furrey
John Broussard

My Answer

Who's the hell is D.J. Hackett? Are you sure he's a player? Yahoo! says he's got seven receiving yards, but it also gave me 10 rushing yards and as far as I know, I've been sitting on the couch most Sundays. In fact, it seems, though DJ lost no weight this week, he was named the biggest loser of all time and the show has been permanently canceled. Continuing after D.J. simply seemed futile.

Obviously, I'm not too high on Mr. Hackett. He's the number three receiver just in front of Bobby Engram who seems to get a lot of looks and catch a lot of balls for being a number four (10 targets, 8 receptions). Even with Darrell Jackson having left for San Fran, he still won't get enough chances - he's only been targeted twice this year - to be a viable bye week filler much less a starting wide out or flex. Personally, I'd ditch him.

As far as who, out of the list, I like; I'd take a look at Shaun McDonald, Mike Furrey and Joe
Jurevicius. Shaun and Mike pose an interesting dilemma because they're on the same team. The depth chart for Detroit lists Mike as the number two and Shaun as the number three, but really, what's in a number? It all boils down to which one Jon Kitna is more comfortable with. So far, they've gotten similar looks and receptions with only a touchdown by Shaun separating them. Basically, they're the same guy. I'd like to think the year of familiarity Mike has with Jon and the system will end up winning and he'll come out on top, but there's no guarantees.

Joe, on the other, has been a productive fantasy player, though inconsistent at best. Maybe Derek Anderson can keep it up. Joe's a number one, and I say that with a bit of smirk considering that he lines up next to Braylon Edwards, on a team without many options other options. Combine the facts, bake it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and what will come out of the oven is decent bye week filler. There aren't any starters on the list, at least not yet, but I don't you'll be disappointed with Joe.

No comments: