Friday, September 28, 2007

Putting it to the Masses

I've got a bit of a quandary I hope someone out there in internet land can help.

The problem is this: I've got Brett Favre (vs. Vikings), Matt Hasselbeck (vs. 49ers), and Eli Manning (vs. Eagles) all on the same team. So who do I start this week?

Each has a favorable matchup, is predicted to do big things this weekend and has an excellent track record verse their competitors. Your probably thinking it's a good problem to have and I'd agree with you. The thing is, my team is 0-3 so far and I need as many points out of the QB position as I can get to make up for the lack of production across the board from the other positions. So even if they all have a good week, I need to pick the guy who goes off.

Who's it going to be?

Favre
Hasselbeck
Lil' Manning

Let me know in the comments.

2 comments:

Dk said...

I'm against the Manning thing - both the Giants and Eagles are unpredictable at this point in the season. He had a good Week 1 - but looking otherwise - nothing great.

I'm leaning towards Favre - probably the most reliable/conservative choice. He's not going to blow it. Favre's put up more the 20 pts in the last two weeks in Yahoo! so ... one bad first week?

I never see the Seahawks play, when I was on the East Coast nor now in the Midwest unless they're on Sunday night or maybe Monday. So, I have no idea about Hasselbeck.

Back at you ... Roethlisberger at Arizona or Green at Oakland. It'd be easy - but Oakland's been pretty awful, right?

Calitri said...

The Steelers' offense has been tremendous since the season began, but they haven't really played anyone either. Is Arizona a someone? Not really, but their defense has improved this year. I think Ben's bubble starts to burst this week with Ward riding the bench due to injury. I can't even tell you who the third wideout, the guy who will be starting this week, is for Pitts. Is it Wilson? Maybe it's Wilson. Wilson!

Green on the other hand has a good matchup against a defense that was supposed to be good but isn't. Last years stats really don't matter this year, you know? Plus, he's got a wide receiver who's hot right now in Chambers and running back who went off last week. Chambers has the speed and talent to shred a defense that's preoccupied with stopping Ronnie. Obviously, I'm going Green.