Friday, September 21, 2007

Review: Brad Evans - Week 2 - Brad Crushed

I had a couple Resurrections at lunch, so if this review sucks, blame the beer.

Sometimes, the only thing that happens when we go out on a limb is the branch breaks. Brad, apparently, was pretty high in the tree because he's lying on the ground right now motionless and looking more like a pretzel than a human. I'm hoping he survives because, if not, I'm going to have to find someone else to review.

Overall Grade: C- (1.9)

He's on Fire

Last week, Brad was the definition of hit or miss. Unfortunately, he did a lot more missing than hitting. Out of eleven picks, I only considered two of them truly good.

First, he tabbed Jeff Garcia as a start. I have to be honest, I thought he was crazy when I read that. I didn't even know Jeff was starting - ok, maybe I knew but I considered him irrelevant to the fantasy scene. Either way, his prediction of 238 passing yards and 2 touchdowns and an INT was nearly right on, minus the INT. If not for Tampa Bay's opponent last week, the lowly Saints (does anyone else think they're slipping slowly back to their rightful place in the national football league?), I would have given Brad a gold star and a smiley face. Starting Jeff Garcia never crossed my mind and probably never will. Bravo, sir.

Then we have the benching of Larry Johnson; similar to the exorcism of Emily Rose expect that the main character is black. Was Johnson a lock to break out in week 2 against a stout Bear's defense? Hell no. But I believe a lot of people thought that he might be able to scratch through that wall with his nails for at least a hundred total yards. Johnson owners are waiting for a turn around, much like those with Steven Jackson, to some extent LT and others. Unfortunately, I'm not sure the day they're waiting for will ever come. Until there's some semblance of a passing game in KC, Larry might be in a bit of trouble. A nine man front is difficult for anyone to run against. As with the Jeff Garcia thing, I would have given Brad an A+ on this call, if not for the matchup.

Defining Lame

My wife may be the teacher, but I'm not sure if she's ever given this many F's in one week. I'll give you fair warning, some of the following picks are so offensive, heinous and graphic those with weaker stomaches may want to close their browsers. This is the Hostel of fantasy football.

I didn't think it could happen and yet here we are. Jamey's week 1 "Start of Week" pick of Deuce McAllister has been topped. And the winner is...Cincinnati DEF to start week 2. Let me get this out of the way first, no one predicted the blowout that happened. I'm sure there were hundreds of thousands of fantasy footballers around the country that started Cincy in their respective leagues. I'll admit, on paper it looked like a great matchup and I'm sure that's why a lot of people left them in the lineup. But to put into print, on the internet, where thousands of people have access to it, that you recommend starting Cincy, that's just plain terrible - terribly embarrassing. Brad may never recover from this one.

Lucky for him, he completely redeemed himself, Dumb and Dumber style, by predicting Braylon Edwards to have a bad game against that same Cincinnati defense. Brad, I think they're hiring at I Got Worms. Good luck.

The Breakdown

Good Calls: 5
Bad Calls: 6

No comments: