Monday, September 3, 2007

Bandwagon's Got a Flat


I'm beginning to feel a bit uneasy. It seems everyone's jumping on the "Vince Young for fantasy bust" bandwagon. With Karabell's vote cast in the direction of general consensus, the conclusion is all but assured. Vince Young will be a fantasy stud this year and were all going to look like idiots.

And it's not that I don't trust Eric's opinion. It's quite the opposite really. He's one of my favorite and most respected guru's. It's just, with everyone decrying the value of the Tennessee ball slinger, it's pretty much guaranteed he'll prove us all wrong. And yes, the majority is correct most of time or so we'd like to believe. But when everyone agrees in unison it always makes me wary, sets lights and whistles off in my head and gets me looking for closest exit as I slowly back away. Predictions rarely work out when everyone thinks the same damn thing. It's cosmic irony.

Sure, the reasons Vince could fail are many. But why couldn't he be at least as good as last year or better. His team was no better or worse last year. They still suck, now. So could Vince do the miraculous again and conjure a useful fantasy season out of a nothing? Sure. And the more gurus predict his failure, the better chance he has to succeed.

Now, would I take him in third or fourth round? Lets not get carried away.


On a happier note, the NFL season starts this Thursday! All the preseason bullshit, the hearsay and conjecture, the mindless unending analysis is over! Of course, that all gives way to the season's bullshit, hearsay and conjecture and mindless unending analysis. But at least now it's for real. I can't wait.

By the way, was anyone else pissed off that there was no football on Sunday? Why not schedule a college game that day instead of packing them all in on Saturday? Doesn't make any sense to me.

No comments: